We've been measuring up and have a plan for the back office which isn't too traumatic and will make use of the space we have gained which will be two metre wide units by 6ft tall matching the others plus shelving over the packing table. The computer will have to stay almost where it is so we can make use of the end wall, the editing suite will be the other side. There will be a 17 ft run of shelving with about ten shelves all down one side of the new room. The other side sitting on top of the tape archive drawer sets will be more like display units with some greater depth and height and will house various dioramas which I may get round to building and at least some themed displays of vehicles in the mean time. I'm hoping that this will soak up my collection and all will be on view. The shelving with perspex covers will work out at about £1000 for materials and I think I'll have to do the work myself to keep costs down.
I picked up the editing computer about an hour ago, we got some more plastic sheets from B&Q on our way and called at M&S in Ellesmere Port and had afternoon tea and met with Dianne from the Polio Fellowship in the cafe. It is too wild and windy to fetch the computer in at present as soon as it stops raining I'll go and get it. It was only finished this afternoon hence the delay. I've got an adapter for the only port which is different from the old set up, just in case - I've no idea if I use than port. I took shots of the leads and of course of the software settings I used so hope to replicate after the re-installation of the Edius editing suite operating on Windows10, never thought I'd be using that but as there is only the one programme and that is the one I've used for several years the trauma shouldn't be too bad! Anyway fingers crossed that I can be editing again by tomorrow and catch up, I've already made the DVD covers for most of the unfinished DVDs. Here are shots from yesterday on the new showroom progress.